Within the most innovative and cutting-edge techniques that exist in Spain, our hospitals use the most advanced diagnostic tools. This is one of the most standardised techniques in Europe and the United States to determine the response to hundreds of stimuli.
Consider coming to Spain when there are any of the following conditions: Multiple sclerosis, hearing loss, optic neuritis or head trauma.
What is a Polygraphic Tremor Study?
It is a diagnostic test which enables us to study how the body responds to electrical stimuli and to detect underlying pathologies and treat them in patients with tremors of non-specific origin.
How is the treatment carried out?
Usually no prior preparation is required and it includes tests such as accelerometry and electromyography. The first is used to measure the patient’s physical activity in a controlled environment and during a specific period (the duration of the test), the second records the behavioural capacity of electricity in the area where the patient has the tremors and shows their reaction to the stimuli.
This is done by placing electrodes and needles “stuck” on the surrounding areas to be studied.
What is the result of the study?
The performance of these studies helps us to discover what is happening to the body and, in this way, to be able to apply the appropriate treatment in order to keep the tremors under control.
What recovery time do I need in Spain?
The study is carried out in a few hours so your stay in Spain will depend on whether you want to undergo your treatment here afterwards.
So you could stay in Spain for a day or a few weeks.
- The advantage of performing these tests is none other than finding the reason for your tremors and getting treatment that will enable you to lead a “normal” life.
- Check that you have prepared all the personal documentation (credit card, cash, passport, Identity Card…), medical (reports, prescriptions, images…) and travel (confirmation of accommodation booking, travel tickets…)
- If you take medication of any kind not related to the treatment, do not forget to take with you the necessary amount for your stay in Spain, as well as the medical prescription that will allow you to travel with it without problems.
- Once you are in Spain, you will have to make an appointment with your specialist. During this visit, the doctor will open your medical record (for which you will be asked to provide all your medical documentation), perform a physical examination and tell you if any further tests are needed to confirm the diagnosis.
- If the specialist has told you to stop taking any medication a few days before the intervention, please do not forget to follow the exact instructions given by the doctor or you will not be able to undergo the test!
- Since this is a diagnostic test, it is important that you follow the guidelines or treatment given by the specialist based on the results obtained.
Receive treatment in one of the best healthcare systems in the world.
Get your free medical consultation
Your treatment plan
personalized in 24-48h.