Plastic surgery. Gender Unit
Metoidioplasty is the surgery by which a neopenis is created from the hypertrophy generated in the clitoris after hormonal treatment.
Who is this kind of treatment for?
This treatment is aimed at those adults with documented gender dysphoria who have undergone the necessary psychological evaluations and hormonal treatments to reach the final stage of transformation
How is the treatment performed?
This surgery is performed under general anesthesia and usually lasts between 5 or 6 hours.
The intervention consists of;
– Removing a flap from the labia minora
– Obtain a graft from the anterior vaginal wall.
– Create a kind of “tube” that will allow the lengthening of the urethra from the base of the clitoris to the tip.
After your time in the recovery room you will be taken up to the ward, where you will stay for one week. On the ward you will receive the necessary care and rehabilitation to facilitate your discharge and return home.
What is the result of the treatment?
The result is a functional but non-penetrating micropenis.
What recovery time do I need in Spain?
If you are able to stay in Spain during the entire recovery process you should stay here for about 1 month to monitor your progress with certain limitations, and between one and two months to achieve a full recovery
- Emotional stability
- Transformation according to your sexual identity
- Reaction to the anesthesia
- Blood clots
- The same goes for any fasting that the doctor indicates, if you do not comply – You will not be able to have the surgery either.
- Check that you have prepared all the personal documentation (credit card, cash, passport, Identity Card…), medical (reports, prescriptions, images…) and travel (confirmation of accommodation booking, travel tickets…)
- If you take medication of any kind not related to the surgery, do not forget to take with you the necessary amount for your stay in Spain, as well as the medical prescription that will allow you to travel with it without problems.
- Once you are in Spain, you will have to make an appointment with your specialist. During this visit, the doctor will open your medical record (for which you will be asked to provide all your medical documentation), perform a physical examination and tell you if any further tests are needed to confirm the diagnosis.
- If it is not necessary and everything is confirmed, your doctor will tell you when you must go to the preoperative study and will confirm the time of admission for the day of your surgery.
- If the surgeon has told you to stop taking any medication a few days before the surgery, such as anticoagulants, please do not forget to follow the exact instructions given by the doctor or you will not be able to have the operation!
- You will need to wear a bladder catheter for at least 3 weeks and follow your doctor’s instructions exactly.
- Remember that your recovery time will vary depending on your age, your physical condition, your lifestyle habits and your attitude!
- Keep in mind that your successful recovery also depends on you!
In Spain you will find surgery with the most advanced technology.
Get your free medical consultation
Your treatment plan
personalized in 24-48h.